Monday, November 4, 2013

Good and Great

I am going to start a journal.  Not a 'these are my deep personal feelings' journal, but a more focused journal.  I have never been a fan of the mushy kind of journals.

I am going to start an evaluation journal.  1) What did I do that was good, but not great?  2) What can I do to change it for the great?  3) What did I do today that made me feel like a rock star, whether big or little?

I think if I keep the evaluation journal, it can work two fold.  I can keep myself focused on making each step count, and I can look back and see the progress I have made.

Yesterday was a crazy, non-productive work-out day.  However I was able to strengthen some vital relationships, had the confidence to make the right small choices, and was aware of what and how much I ate.

So I could get upset that I had big plans to work out, and they got completely overridden by others needs, OR I could realize that no one is going to remember in the long run whether I worked out that day or not, but they will remember the time we spent together.

I like to think that if I died tomorrow, people would remember how much I cared for others, and was available for those with needs, NOT whether or not I was in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment