Monday, February 11, 2013

It's Not Over!!!

I started a new week of my running schedule.  This week I am going 1.5 miles and walking 1 minute, running 1 minute.  It went better than I anticipated, since I was going from running 4 minutes to running 13!!!  Of course when I set out on my run today, ignorance was bliss, and I didn't know how many times I was going to be running, so it didn't freak me out.

On the route I mapped out, there was a hill that had conquered me before, and when my minute was up on that cycle I was mid-hill.  I knew if I stopped in the middle of the hill I was going to feel defeated, so I finished RUNNING up the hill!  TAKE THAT!!!

I am not sure why I have started doing this, but at the end of my run, I run around the house next to us, and come back to the house from the parking lot behind the house instead of stopping in front of the house.

Calves: not too sore, Shins: getting not too sore, and my chest has not hurt since that very first run!

Last week I went 1 mile from 19 minutes to down to 15 minutes.  While it took me 25 minutes to walk/run the 1.5 mile, I can't wait to see how long (or how much less time) it takes me to run it at the end of the week!

I just pray that I don't get overconfident and push myself into an injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment