Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Starting the 5k Training Today!

I mapped my first 1 mile walk/run on map my run, and used the beginning runners program from the Asheville Runners club (see previous post) which was walk 2 min, run 1 min x 4.  

First three cycles went well.  After I finished the third "run 1 min", my chest got super tight, so I walked the rest of the way till the last minute, and I was determined to get in the last minute and by this time my chest was okay, so I ran the last minute, from Spud & Deb's mailbox to the church's mailbox then decided I was going to loop around the parsonage and back up to the house the back way beside the house.  I knew from previous experience that I had to cool down, so I made 3 laps, slowly, around the front yard.  

IT FELT GREAT!... 1.15 mil in 19 minutes for a first run!  I am super psyched.  Look out 10 min mile, YOU WILL BE MINE!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment