Thursday, January 3, 2013

It's the end of the world as I've known it, and I feel fine!

Today starts Jessy getting serious.  I weigh more now than I did when I delivered my boys, and that is not acceptable anymore.  I was in denial as long as I was in the 100's... even if I was hanging on to them by a thread.  However, when I rang in the new year at 200, I knew that was my breaking point.  I have always "thought" about losing weight since I was in the 160's, but not enough to do anything about it.  So it crept, and crept, and crept.  I eat because I am bored.  I eat because I am upset.  I eat because I am happy.  In America, we eat for everything.  Good, bad, or just because.  We take it for granted that food is readily accessible.  We tend to forget how many close countries have citizens who go hungry EVERY DAY.  So I found a friend for a "running buddy", (not to the point of actually running, yet), are reading the Not Consumed By Food blog, which is a 12 week study in retraining our thinking about food.  I realized there is no reason I need to stay at 200, other than just being lazy.  Is that what I want my boys to learn is okay?  Do I want them to learn the lazy, unhealthy ways to eat?  Absolutely not!!  So now is the time to make that difference.  When they can learn from mom that yes, grown up make mistakes, but they can be fixed.  This is the year for the new Jessy, or bringing back the younger, more fit Jessy that is well padded.  This is no longer okay to be 200 and unhealthy and there is no GOOD excuse for it.  SO THIS ENDS NOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment