Monday, January 28, 2013

Why Is It So Hard?

The rule I have always heard is "It takes 21 days to develop a new habit."  Maybe for some it is easy, and those 21 days FLY by, but for others (me), thinking in blocks of 21 days feels like an eternity, and completely overwhelming!

The idea of planning workouts for the week, locking in times, and making sure the boys are otherwise entertained seems to be too constraining and leaves me no room for adjustments.  So now I am adjusting my goals into smaller bites.

Main Goal: weigh 130 lbs/Christmas

Monthly goal: lose 6 lbs/month

Weekly goal:  lose 1.5 lbs/week

Now that works out to be about .2 lbs a day.  Where I get messed up is I can do that depending on how much water I drink, or how much I eat, but it isn't consistent 

So instead of yearly, monthly, or weekly goals, I have to make daily goals for myself.

1)  some type of workout everyday (Wii, dvd w/N8, running with boys)

2)  I am fasting from Carbs this week.  Carbs are my comfort food.  Instead of going to God for my comfort, I go to bread, & pasta.  That goes directly against #1 (Shall have no idols above me).  I am learning that anything, ANYTHING I put before God is an idol.  (which gave a hard hit to my tv time).

3) Decrease my coffee sugar to 1 spoon of sugar.  For the last two weeks, I have gone from 3 spoons to 2 spoons of sugar, and with the right creamer, I may get to no sugar, but let's not get crazy at this point. :-)

Thank you for reading this and keeping me honest.  As I learned from some amazing ladies that were in my life during my season as a Mary Kay consultant, I have to do the work and let God handle the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment